Thank you for attending, Eating Organically on a Budget at the Wakefield and Epiphany New York City Public Library locations. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for recipes, events, organic eating info, and wellness tips.
Here are a 12 hints to save money and still purchase organic.
1. Dirty Dozen/Clean 15
2. Online Organic Grocery Stores
3. Always look for store, organic brands
4. Buy in bulk (bulk bins and big box stores like Price Club).
5. Plan ahead. Your guide to planning ahead found here.
6. Eat out less and make your own take-in
7. Look for weekly local sales and set Google Alerts to track food trends that are effecting cost.
9. Buy local.
11. Grow your own. Need a recipe for your arugula? This Arugula Salad with Orange Sesame Dressing is delish.
12. Eat less meat. Go Greek with this spicy meat-free pasta for Meatless Monday.
Suggested books: Omnivorous Dilemma, Michael Pollan; Organic Manifesto, Maria Rodale
Flicks: Food Inc., The Future of Food
Organic Trade Assc: www.ota.com
Find more like this: Blog