Traveling? You can still do a full body workout regardless of your location status. Props: YOU and 2 full 8 oz H20 bottles.
Displaying all posts for ‘January, 2010’
At Naked Nutrition we encourage our clients to try new grains. Try new items without refined white/wheat flour and try some of these substitutes.
- Foods made from Spelt flour: Much easier on your digestive track and it’s increasing easier to find. Trader Joe’s offers a wide range of products from bread, to tortilla’s, and even pasta! Check out Naked Nutrition’s blog for recipes using these items.
- Brown Rice: Just like spelt, this grain is much easier on your digestive track. Here are a few tips: (1) When ordering sushi, ask it to be made with brown rice, instead of white, (2) Making soup that requires rice? Use brown rice!, and (3) Brown rice does take longer to cook, get organic instant for a speed side dish.
Taking the plunge in starting a new life with your love? During this stressful time life balance, diet, exercise, and overall wellness are essential to enjoying the journey. Here are a few tips:
- Be present: take time throughout your day to focus on YOU. Wedding planning can be stressful but, take time (even 10 minutes) to honor YOURSELF.
- Mindful moving: workout. Let Naked Nutrition help you with a customized exercise program. Yoga, strength training, plyo – we will make a decision based on YOU.
- Organic diet: Help boast your energy level by eating ‘clean’. Drive your engine by fueling it with the best possible food choices.
Veggie Organic Gyro’s (2 servings)
- ½ tube of gimme lean sausage meat (cut in thin patties, length wise)
- 2 brown rice tortillas (we prefer Trader Joe’s brand)
- small white onion (chopped into small pieces)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp allspice
- 3 pieces of organic romaine (chopped)
- 1 chopped organic tomato
- 2 tsp of tahini
- 8 oz oikos organic greek yogurt
*Use all organic ingredients
Veggie or Meat Bolognese Sauce over Brown Rice Pasta
8 oz tofu or extra lean beef
8 oz stewed tomatoes
2 carrots (pealed and cut into small pieces)
1 chopped white onion
2 tbsp olive oil
Brown onion in olive oil, add meat or tofu and brown. Stir in stewed tomatoes, turn down heat, and cook for 20 mins. Season with sea salt, pepper, and dried italian seasoning.